• HelpModel2D is a package containing the model that is used throughout the MechanicalSystems help to demonstrate various functionality.
• <<MechanicalSystems`HelpModel2D` defines and loads the 2D help model.
• See the Details section below to see a listing of the specific parts of the help model.
• The help model defines the following functions:
• Loading the HelpModel2D package automatically calls DefineHelpModel and BuildHelpModel.
• The model is ready to be solved with SolveMech after calling BuildHelpModel.
• To make small changes to the help model, make the required changes to the body/constraint/load objects and then call BuildHelpModel again.
• If the rules are omitted from ShowHelpModel, LastSolve is used.
• If the rules are a nested list of rules, ShowHelpModel generates a sequence of graphics that can be used as an animation.
• See also: HelpModel3D.
Load the Modeler2D package and define a simple model.
The help model is time-dependent, so SolveMech must be called with a time argument.
The help model consists of four bodies: the ground, the crank, the link, and the slider.
Here the length of the crank is reduced and the model is rebuilt and displayed.
The following input will show an animation of the help model.
DefineHelpModel makes the following definitions. Evaluating the following cells is equivalent to calling DefineHelpModel.
Here are some generally useful constants.
Here are body numbers, point numbers, and body objects.
Here are constraint numbers and constraint objects.
Here are load numbers and load objects.
Here are graphics objects for each body.
Evaluating the following cell is equivalent to calling BuildHelpModel.