• InitialCondition is an option for several Mech functions that specifies initial conditions to be used in subsequent solutions. InitialCondition should specify rules giving the values of current system-dependent variables, or current parameters, or time.
• The default setting InitialCondition->Automatic takes the initial conditions from the current default initial guess from LastSolve.
• Any variables omitted from the InitialCondition setting are given values taken from the current initial guess or parameters lists.
• The setting for the InitialCondition option takes a special form for SolveCouple.
• See also: InitialGuess, SetFree, SetPath, SetSensitivity, SolveCouple, SolveFree.