• Unit[vector] returns a unit vector pointed in the direction of vector.
• vector may be a simple vector or a Mech vector object with head Vector, Line, or Plane (3D).
• Unit[bnum, lpnt] is interpreted as Unit[Vector[bnum, lpnt]].
• Other Unit[args, ... ] instances are interpreted as Unit[Line[args]].
• See also: Direction, Magnitude.
Load the Modeler2D package.
Direction returns the direction vector of any Mech geometry object that has the property of having a direction.
Magnitude returns the length of the direction vector of a Mech vector object, taking advantage of some simplifications.
Similarly, Unit takes advantage of the fact that the magnitude of the vector is not a function of the coordinate system that the vector is expressed in. If the vector is already expressed in global coordinates, then such simplifications are not possible.