creates a Sound object that is a frequency-modulated sinusoid, having carrier and modulating frequencies fc and fm, measured in hertz, peak deviation pd hertz, and a duration of dur seconds.
creates a cascade frequency-modulated sinusoid, where pdi is the peak deviation associated with modulating frequency fi.
- To use FrequencyModulation, you first need to load the Audio Package using Needs["Audio`"].
- The following options can be given:
DisplayFunction Identity function to apply to sound before returning it ModulationType Standard the type of modulation to use PlayRange All range of sound amplitude levels to include SampleDepth 8 number of bits used to encode sound amplitude SampleRate 8192 sampling rate per second
- The expression used by FrequencyModulation is given by .
- Cascade frequency modulation is a type of frequency modulation where the modulating frequency is itself modulated, thus cascading the modulation.
- In contrast to cascade frequency modulation, Parallel frequency modulation is a technique where the carrier frequency is modulated by two or more modulating frequencies that do not modulate each other.