This feature is not supported on the Wolfram Cloud.
executes a command in an SQL connection.
passes arguments to the command.
manages the opening and closing of conn.
- To use SQLExecute, you first need to load DatabaseLink using Needs["DatabaseLink`"].
- Use this function with caution, as you can lose data permanently!
- Options support and behavior varies with driver, driver version, and RDBMS type.
- Returns an integer specifying the number of rows affected by the query. Returns $Failed if an error is encountered when dropping a table.
- The following options can be given:
"ColumnSymbols" None symbols to be associated with results "EscapeProcessing" True translate escaped JDBC function syntax "FetchSize" Automatic JDBC driver hint for filling result sets "GetAsStrings" False return all results as strings "GetGeneratedKeys" False return keys associated with updated records "MaxFieldSize" Automatic byte limit for variable-length column types "MaxRows" Automatic the maximum number of rows to return "ShowColumnHeadings" False whether to return headings with the results "Timeout" $SQLTimeout the timeout for the query "BatchSize" 1000 queries with parameters will be processed incrementally in batches of this size "JavaBatching" True perform parameter batching in Java layer instead of Wolfram Language layer
If you find that the examples in this section do not work as shown, you may need to install or restore the example database with the DatabaseLink`DatabaseExamples` package, as described in Using the Example Databases.