The functionality provided by GUIKit has been superseded by the interface construction and controls functions native to the built-in Wolfram Language.
defines a script to be used either on load or during an event.
- To use Script, you first need to load GUIKit using Needs["GUIKit`"].
- Script is used to associate scripting code either as general code to be executed when the widget definition is read in or as code bound to a specific event, to be executed each time the event occurs within a BindEvent expression.
- By default, the language of a Script is Wolfram Language code unless an alternate language is specified. You can use Language -> "xml" to specify that the content of the Script is a string of GUIKitXML.
- Script is HoldAllComplete so that evaluation does not occur when processing Script blocks.
- The following options can be given:
Language Automatic the language the script code is written in ScriptSource None an external file that contains the script code