OBSOLETE GUIKIT PACKAGE TUTORIAL
The functionality provided by GUIKit has been superseded by the interface construction
functions native to the built-in Wolfram Language.
GUIKit Example: GraphEditor
This example demonstrates the benefit of supplementing Wolfram Language functionality with GUIKit user interface elements leveraging existing third-party graph model and editing libraries. GraphEdit widgets take advantage of the Graph expression supported by and also SparseArray ArrayRules.
The user interface of the graph editing canvas allows you to do the following.
- Create a new node (Ctrl+click or Right (alternate) click).
- Create a new edge (Ctrl+click or Right (alternate) click inside a node).
- Move selection (Drag selected nodes and edges).
- Change selection (Drag, click, or Shift+click).
- Delete currently selected nodes and edges (Del or Backspace key).
Here is another version run in a modeless session where you can interact with and change the displayed graph.