As of Version 7.0, has been superseded by GeoDistance.
gives the distance between points and on Earth using a spherical model of the planet.
- To use , you first need to load the Geodesy Package using .
- A point is expressed as a pair of numbers .
- Each coordinate latitude and longitude can be given in degrees, or as , or .
- A negative value for a coordinate indicates that the coordinate is South latitude or West longitude.
- Distances are returned in kilometers.
- The spherical model is based on an exact formula.
- The following option can be given:
Radius 6371007/1000 specify the radius of the sphere
- With the setting the radius of the spherical model is assumed to be r kilometers.