gives a maximal independent vertex set of an undirected graph g.
gives a maximal independent vertex set of g with vertices weighted by w.
- MaximalIndependentVertexSet functionality is now available in the built-in Wolfram Language function FindIndependentVertexSet.
- To use MaximalIndependentVertexSet, you first need to load the Graph Utilities Package using Needs["GraphUtilities`"].
- MaximalIndependentVertexSet gives an (approximate) maximal set of vertices such that no two vertices form an edge. It treats the input as an undirected graph.
- The length of the vector w must be the same as the number of vertices in g.
Basic Examples (2)
MaximalIndependentVertexSet has been superseded by FindIndependentVertexSet:
- Graph Utilities Package
- Graphs & Networks
- Graph Visualization
- Computation on Graphs
- Graph Construction & Representation
- Graphs and Matrices
- Graph Properties & Measurements
- Graph Operations and Modifications
- Statistical Analysis
- Social Network Analysis
- Graph Properties
- Mathematical Data Formats
- Discrete Mathematics