As of Version 10.3, DistanceMatrix is built into the Wolfram System.
gives a matrix of distances or dissimilarities between the elements of list.
- To use DistanceMatrix, you first need to load the Hierarchical Clustering Package using Needs["HierarchicalClustering`"].
- The elements of list can be numeric lists, matrices, or tensors, lists of Boolean elements, or strings. All data elements must have the same dimensions.
- DistanceMatrix returns a symmetric matrix suitable for use by DirectAgglomerate.
- The method used to compute dissimilarities can be selected with the DistanceFunction option.
- With the default setting DistanceFunction->Automatic, DistanceMatrix uses the square of EuclideanDistance for numeric data, JaccardDissimilarity for Boolean data, and EditDistance for string data.
- The setting for DistanceFunction can be any distance or dissimilarity function or a pure function f defining a distance between two values.