- To use Linkage, you first need to load the Hierarchical Clustering Package using Needs["HierarchicalClustering`"].
- Linkage defines the intercluster dissimilarity, given the dissimilarities between member elements.
- Possible settings for the Linkage option include:
"Single" smallest intercluster dissimilarity "Average" average intercluster dissimilarity "Complete" largest intercluster dissimilarity "WeightedAverage" weighted average intercluster dissimilarity "Centroid" distance from cluster centroids "Median" distance from cluster medians "Ward" Ward's minimum variance dissimilarity f a pure function
- The function f defines a distance from a cluster k to the new cluster formed by fusing clusters i and j.
- The arguments supplied to f are , , , , , and , where d is the distance between clusters and n is the number of elements in a cluster.