performs a test with null hypothesis .
- To use , you first need to load the Hypothesis Testing Package using Needs["HypothesisTesting`"].
- gives a ‐value for the test that the difference between the means and of the populations from which and were sampled is significantly different from .
- is based on a normal distribution if the population variances are assumed known.
- If the variances for the two populations are assumed equal and unknown, the test is based on Student's distribution with Length[list1]+Length[list2]-2 degrees of freedom.
- If the population variances are not assumed known and not assumed equal, Welch's approximation for the degrees of freedom is used.
- The following options can be given:
EqualVariances False whether the unknown population variances are assumed equal FullReport False whether to include detailed information about a test KnownVariance None variance of population SignificanceLevel None significance level of the test TwoSided False whether to perform a two-sided test