performs a test with null hypothesis .
- To use VarianceRatioTest, you first need to load the Hypothesis Testing Package using Needs["HypothesisTesting`"].
- VarianceRatioTest[list1,list2,r] gives a ‐value for the test that the ratio of the variances and of the populations from which list1 and list2 were sampled is significantly different from r.
- VarianceRatioTest uses the test statistic Variance[list1]/Variance[list2]/r.
- VarianceRatioTest is based on an F-ratio distribution with Length[list1]-1 and Length[list2]-1 degrees of freedom.
- The following options can be given:
FullReport False whether to include detailed information about a test SignificanceLevel None significance level of the test TwoSided False whether to perform a two-sided test
- With the option FullReport->True, VarianceRatioTest also returns the ratio of sample variances, the test statistic, and the distribution used to generate the -value.