performs a test with null hypothesis .
- To use , you first need to load the Hypothesis Testing Package using Needs["HypothesisTesting`"].
- gives a ‐value for the test that the variance of the population from which list was sampled is significantly different from .
- uses the test statistic , where var=Variance[list] and df=Length[list]-1.
- is based on a distribution with Length[list]-1 degrees of freedom.
- The following options can be given:
FullReport False whether to include detailed information about a test SignificanceLevel None significance level of the test TwoSided False whether to perform a two-sided test
- With the option FullReport->True, also returns the sample variance, the test statistic, and the distribution used to generate the -value.