performs a test with null hypothesis σ2=σ02.
- To use VarianceTest, you first need to load the Hypothesis Testing Package using Needs["HypothesisTesting`"].
- VarianceTest[list,σ02] gives a ‐value for the test that the variance of the population from which list was sampled is significantly different from σ02.
- VarianceTest uses the test statistic df var/σ02, where var=Variance[list] and df=Length[list]-1.
- VarianceTest is based on a distribution with Length[list]-1 degrees of freedom.
- The following options can be given:
FullReport False whether to include detailed information about a test SignificanceLevel None significance level of the test TwoSided False whether to perform a two-sided test
- With the option FullReport->True, VarianceTest also returns the sample variance, the test statistic, and the distribution used to generate the -value.