Details and Options
- To use ConnectToFrontEnd, you first need to load J/Link using Needs["JLink`"].
- ConnectToFrontEnd returns True to indicate that the link was established correctly, and False otherwise.
- The front end will be launched if required.
- Although UseFrontEnd will call ConnectToFrontEnd if necessary, ConnectToFrontEnd is provided to allow programmers to conveniently control when the front end is launched and to receive a True/False indication of whether it was successful.
- This function will typically be called only from an external program that is driving the kernel, not from code executing in a front end notebook.