As of Version 7.0, DesignMatrix is part of the built-in Wolfram Language kernel.
gives the design matrix for data as a linear combination of the functions funs of the variables vars.
- To use , you first need to load the Linear Regression Package using .
- The i row of a design matrix contains the values of the basis functions funs evaluated at the values for the i element in data.
- The data can have the form , where the number of coordinates is equal to the number of variables in the list vars.
- The data can also be of the form , with a single coordinate assumed to take values .
- The argument funs can be any list of functions that depend only on the variables vars.
- The following option can be given:
IncludeConstant True whether to automatically include a constant as one of the functions
- With the default setting IncludeConstant->True, the constant is included as the first entry in the list of basis functions if a constant is not included in funs.