- To use MusicScale, you first need to load the Music Package using Needs["Music`"].
- MusicScale creates a pitch sequence from a predefined interval list or an arbitrary list of numbers interpreted as intervals.
- The list of intervals does not have to be in ascending or descending order.
- The following predefined interval lists may be given:
JustMajor interval list for the Just Major scale JustMinor interval list for the minor version of the Just Major scale MeanChromatic interval list for the Mean Chromatic scale MeanMajor interval list derived from the Mean Chromatic scale PythagoreanChromatic interval list for the Pythagorean Chromatic scale PythagoreanMajor interval list for the Pythagorean Major scale QuarterTone interval list in which each semitone is split in two SixthTone interval list in which each semitone is split in three TemperedChromatic interval list corresponding to an equal-tempered scale TemperedMajor interval list derived from the Tempered Chromatic scale TemperedMinor interval list derived from the Tempered Chromatic scale
- The two functions HertzToCents and CentsToHertz convert a list of one type to its complementary type.