BUILT-IN WOLFRAM LANGUAGE SYMBOL
This function has not been fully integrated into the long-term Wolfram Language, and is subject to change.
is an option for fractions and grids that controls whether certain operators, such as , , and , always appear smaller than normal size.
- A fraction can be created using Ctrl+/ or Insert ▶ Typesetting ▶ Fraction.
- Certain formatting constructs change the level, or ScriptLevel, at which a selection is displayed. For example, occurs at the second level of and has ScriptLevel->2. By default, fractions also increment the ScriptLevel of the numerator and denominator; for example, each character in has ScriptLevel->2. By default, grids also increment the ScriptLevel of their elements; for example, each character in has ScriptLevel->2.
- With the default setting AllowScriptLevelChange->True, ScriptLevel is incremented by 1 for the numerator and denominator for each entry in a grid. This means that operators affected by LimitsPositioning appear smaller than normal size, as shown here.
- With the setting AllowScriptLevelChange->False, ScriptLevel is not incremented for the numerator and denominator and grid entries; in other words, ScriptLevel for a selected part has the same value as it would outside the fraction or grid. With this setting, subexpressions within a fraction or grid can have a ScriptLevel of 0, which allows operators such as , , and to appear at their normal size and formatting, as shown here.
- For a selected fraction or grid, AllowScriptLevelChange is set as an option for FractionBox or GridBox and applies only to the selection.
- At the cell level, AllowScriptLevelChange is set as a suboption of the FractionBoxOptions or option for cells. It specifies the default setting of AllowScriptLevelChange for any fraction or grid in the cell.
Introduced in 2000