is an option for cells and notebooks that specifies how long in seconds a delimiter should flash when its matching delimiter is entered.
- DelimiterFlashTime->0 makes delimiters not flash.
- A typical default setting is DelimiterFlashTime->0.3, which makes matching delimiters flash for 0.3 seconds.
- Delimiters include parentheses, brackets and braces, [[ and ]], (* and *), and paired special characters such as 〈 and 〉.
- If you enter an unpaired closing delimiter, the standard Wolfram System front end will beep.
- You can use the front end menu item Check Balance to select ranges with balanced delimiters in an expression.
- You can set DelimiterFlashTime at the level of a single cell, a notebook, or the whole front end.
Introduced in 1996