This function has not been fully integrated into the long-term Wolfram Language, and is subject to change.
- With the default setting DiacriticalPositioning->Automatic, a selected set of characters that are normally used as diacritical marks are by default drawn close to the base character. All other characters are drawn at a greater separation from the base character.
- With the setting DiacriticalPositioning->True, characters that occur, for example, in an underscript position are drawn relatively close to the base character.
- With the setting DiacriticalPositioning->False, characters are drawn at a greater separation from the base character.
- For a selected box object, DiacriticalPositioning is set as an option for the box object, and applies only to the selection.
- At the cell level, DiacriticalPositioning is set, for example, as a suboption of the UnderscriptBoxOptions option for cells. It specifies the default setting of DiacriticalPositioning for any UnderscriptBox object in the cell.
Introduced in 1999