gives the inverse of a square matrix m.
- Inverse works on both symbolic and numerical matrices.
- For matrices with approximate real or complex numbers, the inverse is generated to the maximum possible precision given the input. A warning is given for ill‐conditioned matrices.
- Inverse[m,Modulus->n] evaluates the inverse modulo n.
- Inverse[m,ZeroTest->test] evaluates to determine whether matrix elements are zero. The default setting is ZeroTest->Automatic.
- A Method option can also be given. Settings for exact and symbolic matrices include , , and . The default setting of Automatic switches among these methods depending on the matrix given.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996