- UnderoverscriptBox[x,y,z,LimitsPositioning->False] is always displayed with explicit underscripts and overscripts as .
- UnderoverscriptBox[x,y,z,LimitsPositioning->True] is displayed as when large, and when small.
- The form is used when the box appears in a subscript or other script, or inline in a piece of text.
- With the default setting LimitsPositioning->Automatic, the display of UnderoverscriptBox[x,y,z] depends on x. If x is ∖[Sum], ∖[Product], or another form conventionally displayed with limits, then LimitsPositioning->True is effectively used. Otherwise, LimitsPositioning->False is used.
- LimitsPositioningTokens is a Cell option that can be set to a list of forms for which LimitsPositioning->True should be used.
Introduced in 1996