gives the list of all monomials in the polynomial poly.
gives the list of monomials with respect to the variables xi in poly.
puts the monomials in the specified order.
- MonomialList works whether or not poly is explicitly given in expanded form.
- MonomialList[poly] is equivalent to MonomialList[poly,Variables[poly]].
- Possible settings for order are "Lexicographic", "DegreeLexicographic", "DegreeReverseLexicographic", "NegativeLexicographic", "NegativeDegreeLexicographic", "NegativeDegreeReverseLexicographic", or an explicit weight matrix.
- Monomials are sorted on the basis of their exponent vectors with respect to the variables xi.
- "NegativeLexicographic" corresponds to applying Sort to the list of exponent vectors.
- "Lexicographic" gives the reverse of "NegativeLexicographic", and is the default for MonomialList.
- "DegreeLexicographic" sorts first with respect to total degree, then by using the ordering defined by "Lexicographic".
- "DegreeReverseLexicographic" sorts first with respect to total degree, then in the negative lexicographic order by starting from the last variable.
- "NegativeDegreeLexicographic" and "NegativeDegreeReverseLexicographic" sort from lower to higher total degree.
- An explicit weight matrix w defines an ordering given by "Lexicographic" ordering of the w.vi, where the vi are the exponent vectors.
- MonomialList[poly,vars,Modulus->m] computes the coefficients modulo m.
- MonomialList[poly,All,order] is equivalent to MonomialList[poly,Variables[poly],order].
Introduced in 2008