Since Version 5.0 (released in 2003), SingularValues has been superseded by SingularValueList and SingularValueDecomposition.
Details and Options
- SingularValues[m,Tolerance->t] specifies that singular values smaller than t times the maximum singular value are to be removed.
- The default setting Tolerance->Automatic typically takes to be where is the numerical precision of the input.
- With Tolerance->0 singular values which are exactly zero can be returned.
- and are row orthonormal matrices, which can be considered as lists of orthonormal vectors.
- The ratio of the largest to smallest singular value gives the condition number of .
Introduced in 1988