gives the spherical Bessel function of the first kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- SphericalBesselJ is given in terms of ordinary Bessel functions by .
- SphericalBesselJ[n,z] has a branch cut discontinuity for non‐integer in the complex plane running from to .
- Explicit symbolic forms for integer n can be obtained using FunctionExpand.
- For certain special arguments, SphericalBesselJ automatically evaluates to exact values.
- SphericalBesselJ can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- SphericalBesselJ automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 2007