generates a legend that associates swatches of colors with labels .
generates a legend with placeholder labels for the colors .
represents a legend with inherited colors within visualization functions.
- SwatchLegend uses a shape with color to identify label with elements in the visualization or other legended item.
- Legended[expr,SwatchLegend[…]] can be used to apply a legend to an arbitrary expression expr.
- The following options can be given:
LabelStyle Automatic style to use for labels LegendFunction Identity wrapper for the overall legend LegendLabel None overall label for legend LegendLayout Automatic legend layout to use LegendMargins Automatic space between legend content and boundaries LegendMarkers Automatic markers to use to indicate each element LegendMarkerSize Automatic size of the shape
- SwatchLegend is displayed in StandardForm as a table. In InputForm it is displayed as an explicit list of colors and labels.
- In SwatchLegend, LegendLayout can have the following forms:
Automatic automatically determine layout "Row" display legend in a horizontal row "Column" display legend in a vertical column "ReversedRow" display reversed legend in a horizontal row "ReversedColumn" display reversed legend in a vertical column f apply f to construct the legend
- The layout specification f is applied to the table of values to generate the legend.
- With LegendLayout->Automatic, the layout used will depend on the location relative to the object being legended.