int WSGetReal64Array(WSLINK link,double **a,int** dims,char ***heads,int *d)
gets an array of double-precision floating-point numbers from the WSTP connection specified by link, storing the array in a, its dimensions in dims and its depth in d.
- The array a is laid out in memory like a C array declared as .
- heads gives a list of character strings corresponding to the names of symbols that appear as heads at each level in the array.
- WSGetReal64Array() allocates memory which must be released by calling WSReleaseReal64Array(). If WSGetReal64Array() fails and the function's return value indicates an error, do not call WSReleaseReal64Array()on the contents of a.
- WSGetReal64Array() returns immutable data.
- WSGetReal64Array() returns 0 in the event of an error, and a nonzero value if the function succeeds.
- Use WSError() to retrieve the error code if WSGetReal64Array() fails.
- WSGetReal64Array() is declared in the WSTP header file wstp.h.
Basic Examples (1)
/* read an array of double-precision floating-point numbers from a link */
void f(WSLINK lp)
int d; /* stores the rank of the array */
if(! WSGetReal64Array(lp, &data, &dims, &heads, &d))
/* unable to read the array from lp */
/* ... */
WSReleaseReal64Array(lp, data, dims, heads, d);