WOLFRAM LANGUAGE FILE
The header file mathlink.h has been replaced with wstp.h.
MathLink header file.
- MathLink C functions are declared in the file mathlink.h, which should be included in the source code for any MathLink‐compatible program.
- Unless you specify #define MLPROTOTYPES 0 before #include "mathlink.h", the MathLink functions will be included with standard C prototypes.
- The following special types are defined in mathlink.h:
MLINK a MathLink link object (analogous to LinkObject in the Wolfram Language) MLMARK a mark in a MathLink stream MLENV MathLink library environment
- The following constants are set up when a MathLink template file is processed:
MLINK stdlink the standard link that connects a program built from MathLink templates to the Wolfram System MLINK stdenv the standard MathLink environment in a program built from MathLink templates
- All functions defined in mathlink.h are C language functions. They can be called from other languages with appropriate wrappers.
- All functions defined in mathlink.h that return int yield a nonzero value if they succeed; otherwise they return 0 and have no effect.
- In a program set up using MathLink templates (.tm files), the link to the Wolfram System is called stdlink.
- All functions defined in mathlink.h that put data to a link do not deallocate memory used to store the data. Functions that get data from a link may allocate memory to store the data. Functions that get data from a link will not return until the necessary data becomes available. A yield function can be registered to be called during the wait.