• Sqrt[z] or gives the square root of z.
• Sqrt[z] can be entered as .
• can be entered using 2 z .
• Sqrt[z] is converted to z^(1/2).
• Sqrt[z^2] is not automatically converted to z.
• Sqrt[a b] is not automatically converted to Sqrt[a] Sqrt[b].
• z can also be used for input. The character is entered as sqrt or \[Sqrt].
• See also: Power.
Here is the InstantCalculator for the Sqrt function. Enter the parameters for your calculation and click Calculate to see the result.
Entering Commands Directly
You can paste a template for this command via the Text Input button on the Sqrt Function Controller.
Here is a simple Sqrt example.
Sqrt will return a complex result when evaluating a negative argument.
Here is a plot of Sqrt[x] for x from 0 to 9.
This is the derivative.
This is the integral.
Ordinary Mathematical Notation
This also gives the derivative.
This also gives the integral.