• Which[, , , , ... ] evaluates each of the in turn, returning the value of the corresponding to the first one that yields True.
• Example: Which[1 2, x, 1 1, y] .
• If any of the evaluated by Which give neither True nor False, then a Which object containing these remaining elements is returned unevaluated.
• You can make Which return a "default value" by taking the last to be True.
• If all the evaluate to False, Which returns Null.
• See also: If.
Here is the InstantCalculator for the Which function. Enter the parameters for your calculation and click Calculate to see the result.
Entering Commands Directly
You can paste a template for this command via the Text Input button on the Which Function Controller.
Here is a simple example using Which.
Here is a plot of a piecewise-defined function.