• Fourier[list] finds the discrete Fourier transform of a list of complex numbers.
• The discrete Fourier transform of a list of length n is by default defined to be .
• Note that the zero frequency term appears at position 1 in the resulting list.
• Other definitions are used in some scientific and technical fields.
• The list of data supplied to Fourier need not have a length equal to a power of two.
• The list given in Fourier[list] can be nested to represent an array of data in any number of dimensions.
• The array of data must be rectangular.
• See also: Fit, InverseFourier.
Here is the InstantCalculator for the Fourier function. Enter the parameters for your calculation and click Calculate to see the result.
See the Examples for InverseFourier.