• Union[, , ... ] gives a sorted list of all the distinct elements that appear in any of the .
• Union[list] gives a sorted version of a list, in which all duplicated elements have been dropped.
• If the are considered as sets, Union gives their union.
• Union[, , ... ] can be input as ... . The character can be entered as un or \[Union].
• See also: Complement, Intersection.
Here are the InstantCalculators for the Union function. Enter the parameters for your calculation and click Calculate to see the result.
Entering Commands Directly
You can paste a template for this command via the Text Input button on the Union Function Controller.
This condenses the list and sorts it.
Here is the union of two lists.
Ordinary Mathematical Notation
This also finds the union of two lists.