Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
is a short string that identifies the type of computer system on which the Wolfram System is being run.
- Computer systems with the same $SystemID should be binary compatible, so that the same external programs and .mx files can be used.
- Sometimes binary compatibility may only be complete when the same version of the operating system is used.
- $SystemID is used in naming directories generated by DumpSave and .
- Values for $SystemID contain only alphanumeric characters and dashes.
- Typical values are , , and .
Introduced in 1996