Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the current time zone to assume for dates and times.
- The time zone gives the number of hours that must be added to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) to obtain local time.
- US Eastern Standard Time (EST) corresponds to time zone .
- Daylight saving time corrections must be included in the time zone, so US Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) corresponds to time zone .
- $TimeZone defaults to $SystemTimeZone.
- $TimeZone=z resets the current time zone for purposes of functions like DateString, DateList, and AbsoluteTime.
- Settings for $TimeZone may be an Integer, Real, or time zone String.
Introduced in 2007