Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
appends elem to the value of s, and resets s to the result.
- AppendTo[s,elem] is equivalent to s=Append[s,elem].
- AppendTo[s,elem] does not evaluate s.
- You can use AppendTo repeatedly to build up a list, though Sow and Reap will usually be more efficient. »
- AppendTo works on SparseArray objects, returning ordinary lists if necessary. »
- AppendTo works on Association objects, just like Append.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2014