Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the modified Bessel function of the second kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- satisfies the differential equation .
- BesselK[n,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to .
- FullSimplify and FunctionExpand include transformation rules for BesselK.
- For certain special arguments, BesselK automatically evaluates to exact values.
- BesselK can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- BesselK automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1999