Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
creates a random, universally unique UUID string.
appends a UUID string to the specified base string.
- CreateUUID gives a UUID based on a 128-bit number, formatted as 32 hexadecimal digits grouped in the format 8-4-4-4-12.
- CreateUUID is intended to produce a globally unique string that will statistically never be repeated.
- CreateUUID makes use of detailed local system and session information, as well as absolute time.
- CreateUUID is intended to generate a random distribution of UUIDs.
- Some Wolfram System features depend on assuming the UUIDs will not collide.
Introduced in 2014