Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
represents the Dirac delta function .
represents the multidimensional Dirac delta function .
- DiracDelta[x] returns for all numeric x other than .
- DiracDelta can be used in integrals, integral transforms, and differential equations.
- Some transformations are done automatically when DiracDelta appears in a product of terms.
- DiracDelta[x1,x2,…] returns if any of the are numeric and not .
- DiracDelta has attribute Orderless.
- For exact numeric quantities, DiracDelta internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision.
Introduced in 1999