Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
or asserts that x is an element of the domain dom.
or asserts that x is an element of the region reg.
asserts that all the are elements of dom.
asserts that any expression matching the pattern patt is an element of dom.
- can be entered as x EscelEsc dom or .
- Element can be used to set up assumptions in Simplify and related functions.
- dom may be a numeric domain or a region in .
- Possible domains dom are:
Algebraics algebraic numbers Booleans True or False Complexes complex numbers Integers integers Primes prime numbers Rationals rational numbers Reals real numbers
- Possible regions reg are defined by RegionQ.
- if possible evaluates immediately when x is numeric.
- For a domain dom, is equivalent to .
- For a region reg, asserts that the point with coordinates belongs to reg.
- evaluates to if its truth or falsity cannot immediately be determined.