Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the morphological erosion of image with respect to the structuring element ker.
gives the erosion with respect to a range-r square.
applies erosion to an array of data.
- Erosion works with arbitrary 2D and 3D images, operating separately on each channel, as well as data arrays of any rank.
- The structuring element ker is a matrix containing s and s.
- Erosion[image,r] is equivalent to Erosion[image,BoxMatrix[r]].
- The structuring element is automatically padded with zeros to have odd dimensions. »
- Erosion takes a Padding option that specifies the values to assume for pixels outside the image.
- By default, Padding->1 is used for images, corresponding to pixel value for all channels.
Introduced in 2008
(7.0)| Updated in 2012