Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- FindFile[name] successively searches for a file with the specified name in each of the directories given in $Path.
- FindFile returns full absolute file names.
- FindFile returns $Failed if it cannot find a file with the specified name.
- In FindFile[name], the name can be specified with path separators (or on Windows). It can also be specified with context separators.
- For names of the form , FindFile searches for files and .
- If FindFile resolves to a directory, it will search for a file named or in that directory.
- If FindFile resolves to an object of the form which corresponds to a directory, it will search for a file with a name like name.mx/$SystemID/name.mx.
- Get, Needs, OpenRead, Install and other functions effectively use FindFile to find files to read.
Introduced in 2008