Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
gives a string consisting of the character with integer code n.
gives a string consisting of the sequence of characters with codes .
gives a list of strings.
uses the specified character encoding.
- The integer n must lie between 0 and 65535, as returned by ToCharacterCode.
- For n between 0 and 127, FromCharacterCode returns ASCII characters.
- For n between 129 and 255, it returns ISO Latin‐1 characters.
- For other n, it returns characters specified by the standard Wolfram Language encoding based on Unicode.
- InputForm[FromCharacterCode[n]] gives the full name assigned to a special character with character code n.
- Whether a particular character generated by FromCharacterCode can be rendered on your output device will depend on what fonts and drivers you are using.
- Encodings supported in FromCharacterCode[…,"encoding"] are listed in the notes for $CharacterEncoding.
FromCharacterCode reconstructs the original string:
FromCharacterCode reproduces the list of strings: