Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
returns the positions of exact matches for the DNA sequence seq on the reference human genome.
returns at most n matches.
- Sequences are represented as strings containing , , , C or , , , C.
- The positions returned by GenomeLookup["seq"] are given in the form where is a chromosome specification, strand is or , and and are start and end positions.
- Human chromosomes are specified as , , , etc.
- Bases are numbered in the 5' to 3' direction of the specified strand.
- GenomeLookup[spec,"Count"] gives a count of the number of exact matches.
Introduced in 2008