Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
represents a sector of a circle from bearing to bearing .
- A geo circle with center loc and radius r is defined as the endpoints of all geodesics of length r starting from loc. Specifying bearings and restricts the set of geodesics.
- The location loc can be specified either as latitude and longitude coordinates in degrees, GeoPosition[…], or as a named geographical Entity[…].
- The radius r can be given as a Quantity length or as a number in meters.
- Bearings and are measured clockwise from true north and can be given as Quantity angles, as numbers in degrees, as DMS strings, or as named compass points like or .
- GeoCircle[loc] represents a geo circle centered at loc, with an automatic choice of radius.
- GeoCircle is equivalent to GeoCircle[$GeoLocation].
Introduced in 2014