Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
filters image using the guide image guide over range-r neighborhoods with pixel-value regularizer ϵ.
filters image so as to reduce noise, using image as a guide.
- GuidedFilter is a nonlinear local filter used for edge-preserving smoothing and structure transfer.
- GuidedFilter works with arbitrary 2D and 3D images, as well as numeric data arrays of any rank.
- GuidedFilter[image,r,ϵ] is equivalent to GuidedFilter[image,image,r,ϵ].
- The images image and guide need to have the same dimensions, but may have a different number of channels.
- The radius r controls the scale over which the filter operates. Features smaller than r will typically be averaged out, and features larger than r will remain.
- Larger values of ϵ result in more smoothing and less guidance, while smaller values of ϵ result in less smoothing and more guidance.
- At the edges of the image, smaller neighborhoods are used.
- If image is a multichannel image, the guidance is always applied to each channel separately.
- If guide is a multichannel image, operations involving guide are performed using vector processing.
- At the edges of an image, GuidedFilter uses smaller neighborhoods.
- GuidedFilter can take an option MaxIterations to specify the maximum number of iterations. By default, one iteration is performed.
Introduced in 2015