Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
starts the external program prog and opens a WSTP connection to it.
- LinkLaunch["prog"] runs prog as a subsidiary or child process to your current Wolfram System session.
- You can use a command such as LinkLaunch["math -wstp"] to launch a subsidiary Wolfram Language kernel process from within your Wolfram System session.
- On most computer systems, calling LinkLaunch["prog"] multiple times with the same argument will start several prog processes running.
- On some computer systems, LinkLaunch will bring up a program browser.
- LinkLaunch returns a LinkObject.
- The option LinkProtocol specifies the underlying data transport protocol to use.
- LinkLaunch internally calls a function analogous to the function in the WSTP library.
Introduced in 1996