Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives an approximation of the Böttcher function of z, which maps the complement of the Mandelbrot set conformally to the complement of the closed unit disk.
- The Mandelbrot set is the set of all complex numbers for which the sequence diverges to infinity when starting with .
- The Böttcher function is given by and satisfies the conjugacy .
- With the option MaxIterations->m, the sequence will be iterated at most m times to approximate .
- The default setting is MaxIterations->100.
- MandelbrotSetBoettcher can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- MandelbrotSetBoettcher automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 2014