Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
gives an array in which each pixel of image is replaced by an integer index representing the connected foreground image component in which the pixel lies.
treats values above t as foreground.
- MorphologicalComponents assigns sequential integers to different connected components and 0 to pixels that correspond to the background in the image.
- MorphologicalComponents[image] is equivalent to MorphologicalComponents[image,0].
- MorphologicalComponents works with binary, grayscale, and other images.
- The following options can be specified:
CornerNeighbors True whether to include corner neighbors Method "Connected" connectivity method Padding 0 padding method to use
- The following Method settings can be specified:
"Connected" labels connected components (default) "Nested" labels nested connected components "Convex" labels objects within non-overlapping convex regions "ConvexHull" finds non-overlapping convex hulls "BoundingBox" finds non-overlapping bounding boxes "BoundingDisk" finds non-overlapping bounding disks
- MorphologicalComponents[image,Method->"Connected"] also works with Image3D objects.