Wolfram Language & System 10.3 (2015)|Legacy Documentation
deletes the current selection in the notebook corresponding to the specified notebook object.
deletes the given cell or box object.
deletes all specified objects.
deletes the current selection in the current evaluation notebook.
- NotebookDelete can take a NotebookObject, CellObject, or BoxObject.
- Using NotebookDelete on a NotebookObject is equivalent to using the Clear command on that notebook.
- After using NotebookDelete on a NotebookObject, the current selection becomes an insertion point at the position of the deleted material.
- Using NotebookDelete on one or more CellObject expressions will not change the selection unless the selection intersected with one of the specified cells.
- Deleting the selection in a NotebookObject will automatically scroll to the resulting selection unless the option setting AutoScroll->False is given.